Information and/or data which may be collected, stored, processed, transferred, used and disclosed by the Company includes but is not limited to information and/or data that can be used on its own or with other information to, directly or indirectly, identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
2. The Company May Collect the Following Information
Information provided by the user, when acquiring, holding and/or using BTRS, using the Services, subscribing to the Company’s updates, responding to a survey when filling enquiry forms on the Website and when corresponding by phone, e-mail or other communication services, the user may be asked to provide certain information. The information may include the name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and/or credit card information, cryptocurrency wallet address, personal description, ID or Passport copy, date of birth, passport number, numbers that the user may use or have registered with his local tax authority, or other data which can be used for personal identification purposes and required for ‘know your customer’ that may be required to comply with applicable laws.
Information, collected automatically by the Companywith regard to each visit to the Website, includes the following:
a) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, the User login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about the visits, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), products viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
b) Information may be collected by Cookies and other Tracking. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your device when visiting a website, which enable the Company to collect information about your device identifiers, web browsers used to access the Services, pages or features viewed, time spent on pages, mobile app performance and links clicked. Web beacons (or pixel tags) are electronic images that may be used to help deliver cookies, count website visits, understand usage and determine the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns.
users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this Website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this Website.
Information, which is received from third-parties, including, but not limited to the Company partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment services, advertising networks, search information providers, credit reference agencies, who may provide information, for the purpose of fulfilling the Services or to comply with legal requirements.
In case of using a location-enabled device with the Website, the Company may collect location data or use various means to determine the location.
3. Use of Information
The Company may use the user’s data to supply him with the Service required by the user, to bill him and to contact him when required. The Company may also analyse the data provided to help in administering, supporting and improving the business, as per the following ways:
- to provide, maintain, deliver and improve the Services and obtaining the user’s views of the Service;
- to send periodic emails with products and services;
- to follow up with the user after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- for marketing and retargeting purposes;
- to carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
If you want to stop receiving information as per above, the user can opt out at any time by contacting email@example.com. At all times, access to the user’s data by the Company’s own staff and third-party intermediaries, will be restricted to the bare minimum required for the Company to perform our business and the provision of the Service.
4. International or Cross-border Transfer of Your Data and Your Express Agreement
5. Sharing of Information
The Company may share the user’s data to others as follows:
- With partners necessary to provide the Services;
- When using interactive areas of the Website, like our blog or other online forums, certain information you choose to share may be displayed publicly, such as your username, actions you take and any content you post;
- The Company may disclose information to Courts and Government authorities or bodies if requested to do so under a court order or legal process, or to establish or exercise the Company’s legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- If the Company believes that the user’s actions are inconsistent with the Terms or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of the Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among the Company; or
- With your consent or at your direction.
At any point in time the user retains all rights to his data.
The Company protects information collected using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of disclosure, unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, damage and unauthorized access. Should a security breach occur, the Company will use reasonable endeavours to try to fix it.
7. Social Sharing and Links to Third Party Websites
When sharing the Website, Services or other Company’s information on social websites, this will enable the sharing of information with your contacts or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. Users may also be made available through the Service links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by the Company. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features and links to third-party websites, the Company encourages the user to visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Furthermore, users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with the Company on social media or when sharing the Website, Services or other Company’s information.
8. Data Retention
The Company will retain the personal data of the users and/or of visitors of the Website for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. The Company will retain the data of users for as long as it is needed for the provision of the Services.
9. Governing Law
10. Final Provisions
The user may request to the Company to access his information and data at any time.